Tuesday 11 December 2012

Betrayed

The trouble all started a few days ago when my father sent me to go check on my brothers, who were grazing the flocks near Shechem, and to bring word back to him. So I set off from the Valley of Hebron. When I was wandering around I met a man and asked him for help in finding my brothers. He told me he had heard them saying they were headed to Dothan, so I went there and that was where I found them.

When I reached them, I was instantly attacked! They rushed at me and stripped me of the robe I had gotten from father, and then they picked me up and threw me in a nearby empty cistern. Some time later they pulled me out of the cistern. I was confused and had no idea what was happening. I saw them talking with some of the Ishmaelites, and after few minutes I was shoved toward them. Can you believe it? They actually sold me, my own brothers, for 20 shekels.

Now I am travelling with the Midianites on the way to Egypt, where I will be sold as a slave. I am scared, but I will keep praying and I will trust God to keep me from harm.



No comments:

Post a Comment